JediOKC Northern Front Club Meeting Minutes
CiCi's Pizza, Enid, OK
- Awesome to be part of JediOKC and the club's 6th anniversary!
- The Underwood Family – Stephen, Laura, Jess, and Kolton
- The Riddle Family – Kevin and Gavin
- Very few of the previous JediOKC Greivous shirts are left, mostly XL or XXL I believe.
- "SithOKC" T-shirts ($10 ~ $14) - Patrick takes pre-orders
- 2006~07 Club T-shirts - Working out some licensing details
- Club Baseball Jerseys ($70 ~ 80) - Available for per-person order at Gregory's Sporting Goods, Del City
- "Classic" JediOKC logo pins ($4) - 2 variations available
Other Club Business and Activities
- Independence Day Parade (Centennial Theme) - July 4th - Edmond, OK - Jason & Ryan
- Thursday Club Meeting [TBD] - July 12th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- Saturday Club Meeting [TBD] - July 28th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- Bethany Children's Hospital "Spin Your Wheels" Bicycle Marathon - Ryan
- Bowling Night was discussed briefly at the June 23rd Meeting
- Texas Hold’em Fundraiser
- Rowing Regatta
- We had a good time driving down to the city on June 23rd, there was a lot of support from everyone. There are pictures posted.
- We need to make it clear that it might not be worth the drive up until we have more to offer for those not in this area.
- I will contact Ryan and have the Galactic Marine as an extra drawing for the next club meeting.
- We need to come up with a fundraiser in Enid or discuss ways we can represent JediOKC.
- Stephen’s wife Laura brought up a great opportunity that has a major importance in his family and numerous others, A Plastic Anemia. It would fall under the area of Cancer and Blood Disorders. It is a disease that requires bone marrow transplants from a donor. We discussed ways to promote the understanding of just getting tested to donate marrow “One Day for a Chance to Save Someone’s Life” and ways to help raise money for families with travel expenses to research facilities or even help with medical bills. This would in no ways pay off their bills, but at least help get awareness out there and even help those families with this burden. We also discussed if we could pair with a blood drive, or even have businesses donate, possibly even match any donations. We decided to discuss this with the council and see what their opinions would be.
- I want to start working on a costume for events. It would be good to have our own costumes for events and such to help show our support for various functions.
- I Noticed on Rebelscum that a fan club in Louisiana started by leaving business cards in the Star Wars toy sections of stores. This might be an option to get the word out for ourselves or any fan club. We agreed that we don’t want businesses irritated at us for leaving things in their stores.
- Send a copy of the minutes to JediOKC for the website, the Council, and even for the newsletter if needed.
- When should we have our next meeting? The second Saturday of the month is what we may shoot for. We will check our calendars.
- Stephen will look for a new location that might work better. We agreed the separate room at Mazzio’s was very nice. CiCi’s does not have that, but it will do for now.
- Stephen and I discussed the need for a name for ourselves. Several were talked about but we would still like to be considered a part of JediOKC. They will be the focus for our decisions.
--Kevin "Scout13" Riddle