JediOKC Club Meeting Minutes
Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- We welcomed a few new faces at the meeting!
BOX O' HOPE DRAWING #1 - Won by Len (RedneckJedi)!
- Club Funds: $152.96 / MDA Fund = $127
- Club Products
- 2005 Club T-shirts still available - XL through 4X ONLY ($9 to $12)
- 2006 Club T-shirts
- Current entries were displayed.
- Well be doing a vote of some kind to select the design(s).
- "SithOKC" T-shirt Project
- Patrick (Doombuggy) still awaits a sample from the manufacturer.
- Once approved, pre-sell orders (less than $10 each) will be taken only.
- Club Pins - "Classic" JediOKC logo pins are planned for this year.
- We are researching a pewter pin with no enamel filling and a gunmetal finish pin with yellow enamel filling.
- Text of the pin will be "JediOKC" followed by "Star Wars Fan Club" and will be $4 each.
- Patrick has the sample artwork, and will post it on the website ASAP.
- Wayne's Wars DVD - Patrick - $6
BOX O' HOPE DRAWING #2 - Won by George!
- Martha Gragg Toy Show - Apr. 15th - State Fairgrounds, Modern Living Building
- Council Meeting - Apr. 20th @ 7 p.m. - Rick Y.
- Saturday Club Meeting - Apr. 22nd @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- Dallas Comic Con 7 - Apr. 29th ~ 30th - Plano, TX
- Free Comic Book Day - May 6th - Atomic Comics, S.W. 59th & Western
- On-line Chat Night - May 18th @ 8 p.m. - JediOKC.com
- Mustang H.S. Graduation Party May 19th @ 10:30 p.m. Redlands Community College, El Reno
- We'll be part of an indoor movie/entertainment-themed meet-n-greet. Star Wars (that's us) is featured inside the front entrance.
- This is a large, but well-controlled, event by the organizer. It is by invitation only, and the general public is not allowed inside.
- It is certainly a costume appearance, but the club and those in costume will need a good showing of non-costumed club members, too.
- If you plan to attend, PLEASE let Rick Y. (SMGtoy) know by Monday, May 15th, either by phone, or post on the website in this event's forum thread.
- Council Meeting - May 25th @ 7 p.m. Rick W.
- MOVIE NIGHT X-Men: The Last Stand May 26th, Time TBD Harkin's Bricktown
- Saturday Club Meeting/Briefing - May 27th, 7 p.m. ~ 8 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- The meeting will be VERY BRIEF and then move to LaserQuest on N. May & Hefner.
- You may skip the Mazzio's meeting and go straight to LaserQuest if you wish.
- Prop/Costume night hosted by Rick & Austin at an appropriate location
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk June 3rd, 8 a.m. ~ 4 p.m. OKC Zoo
- Thursday Club Meeting June 8th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- On-line Chat Night - June 15th @ 8 p.m. - JediOKC.com
- Saturday Club Meeting June 17th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- TrekExpo 2006 June 23rd ~ 25th Tulsa
- MOVIE NIGHT Superman Returns June 30th, Time TBD Harkin's Bricktown
- Edmond Independence Day Parade Appearance - July 4th - Downtown Edmond
- Our float theme is no longer "Iwo Jima." After LENGTHY discussion, the float theme is still TBD.
- The parade theme is simply "Red, White and Blue".
- SciFi Expo July 8th ~ 9th Plano Center (same as DCC7)
- Free admission!
- LOTS of Star Wars celebrities of various importance will be there signing those coveted autographs.
- SoonerCon - July 15th ~ 16th - Bricktown Central Plaza Hotel, 2001 E. Reno
- We're doing a Star Wars Fan Film presentation in one of the rooms of the hotel.
- Patrick is on a costuming panel to be held.
- The club will perform basic security, guest escorts, etc., like we do at the SciFi Expos.
- If you'd like to attend a SoonerCon planning meeting, you may do so Friday evening (May 12th) at Atomic Comics on S.W. 59th & Western.
Other Club Business
New Toys and Collectables - Were displayed!
- http://wap.jediokc.com is now available for cel phone web browsing.
- Newsletter June
- If you'd like to write an article about the club and/or anything Star Wars, please feel free to do so and send it to Brian (Skywlkr).
- Ryan may become the new editor for the newsletter!
- Celebration IV
- The rumor mill is hot-n-heavy about this happening in 2007. A number of Star Wars-themed websites are reporting it, and even the official website is adding to the possibility of "something big" in 2007 with a new Hyperspace-content channel. Nothing official yet, but it's said that it will be a west coast affair.
- The club briefly discussed what we might do to have it in OKC. We've got the facilities, the lodging and a central location!
- eBay Charity Auction for MDA Telethon
- Brian shared his idea of having club members donate items to be placed in eBay charity auctions for the purpose of boosting our funds for the upcoming MDA Telethon.
- These items don't have to be rare exclusives.
- The only issue we have is how the eBay winning bids are distributed. eBay may have rules specifying that winning bids go directly to MDA, and not "held" until a later date. If this is true, we wondered if a "receipt" could be used to add to our Telethon presentation funds.
- Clone Trooper Project
- Brian reminded anyone who was interested in having some clone trooper armor to get with him and start contributing time and/or funds to the project.
Technology isn't intrinsically good or evil. It's how it's used. Like the death ray.