JediOKC Club Meeting Minutes
Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- We welcomed the newest attendees to our club meetings!
Club Business Items
- Club Products
- Club T-shirts - S~XL = $9, XXL = $10, XXXL = $11, XXXXL = $12
- Get your money to Brian (Skywlkr) ASAP because the club is short-funded on this purchase.
- Club Pins - $4 each for the Obi-Wan & Aayla logo
- Club Window Stickers - Patrick takes orders for these. $12 for JediOKC logos / $7 for Star Wars logos (New Low Price!)
- CafePress.com Items
- BOX O' HOPE DRAWING #1 (Won by Amanda!)
- Club Events
- Spencer Children's Hospital Charity Event - June 11th - Harkin's
- $520 was collected from theater-goers for pictures taken with our costumed people.
- We really needed plain-clothes club members to help run and promote this event!
- MOVIE NIGHT: Mr. and Mrs. Smith - June 11th - Harkin's
- "Toys of Summer" Toy Drive - June 12th - Quail Springs TRU
- MOVIE NIGHT: Batman Begins - June 15th - Harkin's
- Spencer Children's Hospital Charity Event - June 16th - Burger King, N.W. Expressway & Council
- $243 was raised from the raffle for 2 complete sets of the BK figures.
- "Toys of Summer" Toy Drive - June 17th - Bricktown Ballpark
- Trek Expo - June 24th ~ 26th - Tulsa, The UMAC
- Though noone from the club went, some of our new members complimented the new location, and said it was quite nice.
- MOVIE NIGHT: War of the Worlds - June 29th - Harkin's
- SW:TCG Bi-weekly Tournament - July 3rd - Wizard's Asylum, Norman
- Edmond's Independence Day Parade - July 4th - Edmond, OK
- 18 club members participated in the event!
- MOVIE NIGHT: Fantastic Four - July 8th - Harkin's
- Episode III DLP Roadtrip - July 9th - Plano, TX
- Episode III DLP Roadtrip #2 - July 15th @ 9 a.m. (1:25 p.m. showtime) - Plano, TX
- MOVIE NIGHT: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - July 15th @ 7:15 p.m. - Harkin's
- SW:TCG Bi-weekly Tournament - July 17th & 31st @ 1 p.m. - Wizard's Asylum, Norman
- On-line (Chat) Club Meeting - July 21st @ 7 p.m. - JediOKC.com
- Saturday Club Meeting - July 23rd @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- Council Meeting - July 28th @ 7 p.m. - Len's house
- Toys R Us Blood Drive - July 30th @ 11 a.m. (TENTATIVE per Rick Y.) - Ft. Smith
- SW:TCG Rise of the Empire Set Release - Aug. 5th - Gaming Retailers
- Thursday Club Meeting - Aug. 11th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- SW:TCG Turnpike Tournament - Aug. 20th (TENTATIVE) - Game HQ, S.W. 89th & Penn
- Science of Star Wars - One Thursday in Aug. (TENTATIVE per Rick Y.) - Omniplex
- MDA Telethon Charity Event - Labor Day weekend, Sept.
- "Empire Strikes" Bowling League - Sept.
- Club Party/Cookout/Celebration - (Date and Location TBD)
- We still plan on doing this late this summer! It could be rolled into the following...
- Family Fun Night - (Date TBD) - Incredible Pizza, N.W. Expressway & MacArthur
- Group rates (of 15 or more people)
- $8 Adult, $7 Child (Both include buffet, drink and $5 credits)
- Gaming Opportunities - Dates, Times and Locations TBD - We'll be working with Jeff (Darth Ravenous) and Aaron (AirMel) on future videogaming opportunities
- Club Council Membership Modifications
- Here's how YOU can be an interim JediOKC Council member!
- Requirements (recap if needed):
- You must have attended at least 3 consecutive months of club meetings (Thursday or Saturday, not both).
- You'll be on the Council for 6 months.
- You'll be involved with the Council on upcoming Events, Council meetings, and Forum Moderating.
- You are expected to attend each monthly Council meeting (held on a Thursday) as well as one of the club's regular monthly meetings.
- You will be expected to host one Council meeting (dinner for at least 8 included) during the latter half of your term. This may be done at a location of the host's choosing.
- How the 7th Council Member will be selected:
- Ballots will be handed out to all non-Council club members at the Thursday and Saturday meetings in July. Votes from these club members will be counted at the end of each meeting, and the total result will be determined after the count at July's Saturday meeting. Club member's can only vote once, not at both meetings.
- A tie vote will be reckoned with in a manner yet-to-be-determined by the Club Council.
- Thursday's results: Patrick - 9 / Philip - 7
- The Saturday meeting's results will determine the next Council Member!
- Chat night is July 21st @ 7 p.m.
- Report any website problems to Len.
- Club Costume Photo Opportunity
- Patrick volunteered to do photo shoots of our club members in their various costumes.
- Locations, dates and times will need to be scheduled for him to do this. These may also take place at Rick W.'s and Evan's homes.
- Patrick provided samples of his work.
- BOX O' HOPE DRAWING #2 (Won by Lance?)
New Toy Releases (since June 18th)
- Kellogg's Cookie Jars (Vader, C-3PO, R2-D2)
- Cloissant Pins (available on-line per Evan's post on the website)
- Action Figures 48-50
- Vader #500
- Battlestar Galactica (original) 7" figures
- Tantive IV & Invisible Hand playsets
- Meena Tills cream colored variation action figure
- M-Pire figures (8 are currently out, although 4 seem to be exclusive to the north metro, while the other 4 are south metro)
- Unleashed Sidious, Vader, Asajj (again, seemingly exclusive to the north side)
Show & Tell (Led by ______)
- Bryan's (okcjedi33) VERY NICE pencil artwork of Sidious, Vader, Anakin and Yoda
- Jason read off the action figure line-up as released at Comic Con
Technology isn't intrinsically good or evil. It's how it's used. Like the death ray.