JediOKC Club Meeting Minutes
Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
BOX O' HOPE DRAWING #1 - Won by Austin!
- Club Funds: $249.13 (including Baseball Jersey and Club Pin funds) / MDA Fund = $296
- Club Products
- 2005 Club T-shirts still available - XL through 4X ONLY ($9 to $12)
- 2006 Club T-shirts
- A finalized design is available on the website forum.
- Club Baseball Jerseys
- Brian (Skywlkr) went to Gregory's Sporting Goods on behalf of the club council to get pricing, etc. for club baseball jerseys. He provided us a pseudo-color sample made one off of the images they provided, since they didn't have an example. It's pretty close to what we'll get.
- Click the links for samples: == Front ==== Back ==
- Price Breakdown
- Black/White pinstripe, button down front (includes two color (Royal Blue/White) front font logo (JediOKC Script Text and 2-8" two color numbers on the back -> $52.50 ($62.50 for XXXL)
- Monogram name on sleeve -> $6.00
- Lettering on Back - 2" Letters -> $0.85 each
- So, for example, Brian's shirt would be: $52.50 + $6.00 + ($0.85x7 letters) = $64.45 + TAX (0.08375) = $69.85
- We'll need a minimum of 10 pre-orders to get it going, so it will be approximately $700.00 for the first order.
- If you intend to get one of these, reserve your number in the Club Baseball Jersey forum (under Club Products) NOW!
- "SithOKC" T-shirt Project
- Patrick (Doombuggy) brought the first batch of t-shirts from the manufacturer!
- Pre-sell orders ($10 each for any size) will be taken only.
- Club Pins - "Classic" JediOKC logo pins are planned for this year.
- We're offering a pewter pin with no enamel filling and a black-metal finish pin with yellow enamel filling.
- Text of the pin is "JediOKC" followed by "Star Wars Fan Club".
- We need to pre-order 100 total at $4 each.
- Wayne's Wars DVD - Patrick - $6 and you can check out the main feature (but not the DVD "special features") on YouTube.com
- Star Wars Window Stickers - Patrick
- Some club members reported that the clothing merchandise is of low quality. Better to stick with non-clothing merch.
- We may submit pictures to do a 12-month calendar through Cafepress.
Club Game - Tony won the Podracing Word Search game!
Other Club Business
- SoonerCon - July 15th ~ 16th, 10 a.m. ~ 6 p.m. - Bricktown Central Plaza Hotel, 2001 E. Reno
- The event was a great success, and the 2007 con is already being planned!
- Saturday Club Meeting – July 22nd @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- August (MDA Charity Fundraising month!)
- "Spin Your Wheels" Bicycle Race for the Children's Center in Bethany - Aug. 12th, 7:45 a.m. ~ 2 p.m. - Tuttle - Ryan
- Take I-44 towards Lawton. Exit on HWY 37 West (the second Hwy 37 exit).
- Head west for a while, I'm not sure of the distance, until you get to Hwy 4. It is a four-way, stop light. The church is on the north-west corner--you can't miss it. It will have the tent and table and chairs.
- MDA Bowl-A-Thon Fundraiser - Aug. 20th, 2 ~ 4 p.m. - Boulevard Lanes, 3501 South Blvd., Edmond - Rick W.
- A pledge sheet is available on-line for your friends and co-workers to donate funds to our cause.
- Council Meeting - Aug. 24th @ 7 p.m. - Len's
- MDA Walk-A-Thon - Aug. 26th, 8 ~ 11 a.m. - Carl Albert H.S., 2009 S. Post Rd., Midwest City (Katy Kender)
- Saturday Club Meeting – Aug. 26th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- MDA Telethon - Sept. 4th, Time TBD - Marriott Hotel, N.W. Expressway & May (Katy Kender)
- Thursday Club Meeting - Sept. 14th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- Council Meeting - Sept. 28th @ 7 p.m. - Brian's
- Saturday Club Meeting - Sept. 30th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- Pumpkin Patch Costume Appearance - Oct. 14th, Time TBD - Life Christian Ministries, I-240 & Anderson Rd.
BOX O' HOPE DRAWING #2 - Won by T.J.!
- Fundraiser for Chad (clkbj)
- Cherie (jedi_riccan) is spearheading a club fundraising effort to help out Chad and his family with their medical bills. Chad has suffered a number of strokes and maladies in a short amount of time, and he's "threatened" to sell his Star Wars collection to help pay them. Well, we can't have THAT now, can we?
- Cherie has diligently made phone and e-mail contacts with numerous retailers, distributors and manufacturers to donate items worthy of a charity fundraiser.
- The club discussed methods of raising funds from these items:
- A local silent or live auction.
- An on-line auction.
- A ticket-based drawing.
- A combination of some or all.
- Though we did not come to a definitive conclusion, the issue of our club not legally being a non-profit organization may confound our fundraising efforts. The club has no means of legally offering receipts as a tax write-off for those who donate funds to our causes. Some of the entities donating items want a "receipt of goods delivered" from us. Without knowing the intent of this receipt, we may be putting ourselves into a unfavorable legal position.
- Along this vein, though eBay will do charity auctions, their methodologies do not suit us. If we try to set up individual auctions as charities, the MissionFish "third party" handles all disbursements to listed charitable organizations. This doesn't work for our MDA Telethon donation as MissionFish won't do this, and Chad, while a worthy charity, won't be listed with MissionFish. Furthermore, the other forms of charity auctions eBay provides once again requires us to be a legal charity or non-profit organization.
- Action Figure Museum appearance and display - Paul's Valley
- The owners/operators asked if we'd like to "do a little something" for them. This includes a Star Wars display, and perhaps a costume appearance.
- We're taking it under consideration, as noone who has visited it is particularly impressed.
- The "View New/Latest Posts" feature now shows the correct number of posts.
- The latest outage also had the time messed up. Len explained the effects this causes if you log in and post while the time is off.
- Newsletter – August/September
- If you'd like to write an article about the club and/or anything Star Wars, please feel free to do so and send it to Brian before Sept. 1st.
- Club Scrapbook
- Brian brought the club scrapbook for everyone to enjoy.
Club Council Member Campaign
- Original council member Rick W. (darthwalls) is stepping down from his position on the club council. This means we need to elect a new permanent council member in the club meetings in August!
- We discussed this issues brought up on the website regarding club council membership. The vocal consensus in the meeting was that the club council structure and membership election process is fine as-is. Everyone was reminded that the council, in every way, shape, and form, is open for modification to the club.
- Phillip, Tony and Ryan each gave rousing campaign speeches!
- All eligible club members (17 total) voted, and those votes were placed in an envelope (aka. "lockbox") with their names listed on the outside as a reminder they cannot vote at the upcoming Saturday meeting. These votes will be tallied with the Saturday meeting votes and the winner announced once the vote counts are confirmed.
Technology isn't intrinsically good or evil. It's how it's used. Like the death ray.