JediOKC Club Meeting Minutes
Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- We wished T.J. a Happy Birthday!
BOX O' HOPE DRAWING #1 - Won by George!
- Club Funds: $153.66 / MDA Fund = $147
- Club Products
- 2005 Club T-shirts still available - XL through 4X ONLY ($9 to $12)
- 2006 Club T-shirts
- Well be doing a vote of some kind to select the design(s).
- "SithOKC" T-shirt Project
- Patrick (Doombuggy) is finally getting a sample from the manufacturer!
- Once approved, pre-sell orders (less than $10 each) will be taken only.
- Club Pins - "Classic" JediOKC logo pins are planned for this year.
- We are researching a pewter pin with no enamel filling and a gunmetal finish pin with yellow enamel filling.
- Text of the pin will be "JediOKC" followed by "Star Wars Fan Club" and will be $4 each.
- Patrick has the sample artwork, and will post it on the website ASAP.
- Wayne's Wars DVD - Patrick - $6
BOX O' HOPE DRAWING #2 - Won by someone while I was away from the meeting!
- Mustang H.S. Graduation Party May 19th @ 10:30 p.m. Redlands Community College, El Reno
- Council Meeting - May 25th @ 7 p.m. Rick W.
- MOVIE NIGHT X-Men: The Last Stand May 26th, Time TBD Harkin's Bricktown
- Saturday Club Meeting [LaserQuest!] - May 27th, 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk June 3rd, 8 a.m. ~ 4 p.m. OKC Zoo
- Saturday Club Meeting June 17th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- TrekExpo 2006 June 23rd ~ 25th Tulsa
- MOVIE NIGHT Superman Returns June 30th, Time TBD Harkin's Bricktown
- Edmond Independence Day Parade Appearance - July 4th - Downtown Edmond
- Float Theme: Vader's Family Reunion Cookout
- Build dates are July 1st and 2nd.
- Grill in back, 6-foot picnic table in front.
- Rick W. agreed to create a foam watermelon Death Star II.
- Considering a trailer behind the float with a kiddie pool and "something" in it.
- SciFi Expo July 8th ~ 9th Plano Center (same as DCC7)
- Free admission!
- LOTS of Star Wars celebrities of various importance will be there signing those coveted autographs.
- Thursday Club Meeting July 13th @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
- SoonerCon - July 15th ~ 16th - Bricktown Central Plaza Hotel, 2001 E. Reno
- We're doing a Star Wars Fan Film presentation in one of the rooms of the hotel.
- Patrick and Evan are on a costuming panel to be held.
- The club will put on a "Jedi Academy" for "lightsaber training" for the kids, so we'll need some Jedi on hand for, perhaps, a 2-hour period.
- The club will also perform basic security, guest escorts, etc., like we do at the SciFi Expos.
- Saturday Club Meeting July 22nd @ 7 p.m. - Mazzio's, N.W. 70th & May
Other Club Business
New Toys and Collectables - Were displayed!
- Action Figure Museum appearance and display - Paul's Valley
- The owners/operators asked if we'd like to "do a little something" for them. This includes a Star Wars display, and perhaps a costume appearance.
- We're taking it under consideration, as noone who has visited it is particularly impressed.
- Report any problems to Len.
- Newsletter July
- If you'd like to write an article about the club and/or anything Star Wars, please feel free to do so and send it to Brian (Skywlkr).
- Celebration IV in 2007
- May 24th ~ 27th - Los Angeles Convention Center
- Tony (CplTony) has reserved a few rooms, and many people have differing plans and opinions about the convention and the trip.
- eBay Charity Auction for MDA Telethon
- We're still wanting to do this. These items don't have to be "rare exclusives".
- The only issue we have is how the eBay winning bids are distributed. eBay may have rules specifying that winning bids go directly to MDA, and not "held" until a later date. If this is true, we wondered if a "receipt" could be used to add to our Telethon presentation funds.
- Clone Trooper Project
- Brian brought the clone trooper helmet the project has "traded for" and reminded anyone who was interested in having some clone trooper armor to get with him and start contributing time and/or funds to the project.
JediOKC's 5th Anniversary ("Celebration V")
- Star Wars... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star Wars Fan Club, JediOKC. It's five year mission: to explore strange new conventions, to seek out new life and new Star Wars fan clubs in Oklahoma... to boldly go where no club has gone before...
- After this blasphemous quote was delivered, birthday cake and club anniversary cake was devoured by all.
Technology isn't intrinsically good or evil. It's how it's used. Like the death ray.